The Trusted Software Foundation for Safe, Secure and Reliable Systems
Through sophisticated software solutions BlackBerry® QNX helps ensure the proper operation of embedded systems that require mission-critical and life-critical operations. Since 1980, BlackBerry QNX has established itself as a trusted partner for companies building vehicles, medical devices, heavy machinery, power and energy, robotics, and industrial automation systems that are required to be safety-certified, extremely reliable, and highly secure.
BlackBerry QNX offers a broad range of safety-certified and secure software products, complemented by world-class engineering services, to help embedded developers increase reliability, shorten time-to-market and reduce development cost.
BlackBerry QNX is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, with its products distributed in over 100 countries worldwide.
Connected & Autonomous Vehicles
Software is driving the transition to next generation automotive architectures.
BlackBerry QNX is addressing this evolution with the widest breadth of solutions, and the expertise and pedigree that makes it the automotive software leader for the automotive industry’s biggest OEM and Tier 1 brands.
Life-Critical Medical Devices
The complexity of medical devices continues to increase at an astounding rate. From high-precision robotic surgery to 3D printing of artificial organs, the possibilities seem limitless. As a trusted operating system provider for medical devices, BlackBerry QNX has had a front row seat at this amazing evolution in medical device technology.
Robotics & Industrial Automation
BlackBerry QNX offers a comprehensive portfolio of industrial solutions for addressing today's challenges, be it a mission-critical wind-turbine controller, a distributed and connected platform on a factory floor, or a consumer device with a rich HMI.
Defense & Security
Defense and security systems face challenges that place importance on the need for a highly reliable, secure, and real-time operating system. BlackBerry QNX offers the highest level of confidence and fault tolerance that comes from a proven technology, battle-hardened in over 30 years of field deployment.
Train control systems are safety-related systems that must meet strict dependability and safety requirements. BlackBerry QNX offers a highly efficient path to functional safety certification for railway transportation.
BlackBerry QNX by the Numbers
- 100,000,000+ Embedded Devices – BlackBerry QNX technology has been instrumental in the operation of 100,000,000+ embedded devices including medical, industrial automation, energy, smartphones, and defense/aerospace systems
- 150 Million – BlackBerry QNX technology is inside more than 150 million vehicles on the road today
- 45+ Automotive Brands – BlackBerry QNX technology is used by more than 45 different automotive brands
- Market Leading Adoption – 9 of the top 10 OEMs and 7 of the top 7 Tier 1s use BlackBerry QNX technology
- Life-Critical Medical Devices – BlackBerry QNX is trusted to power 50+ different types of Medical devices, including Class III life-critical devices