Standalone Multimedia Middleware Compatible with QNX
Whether you’re building a simple media player application to play on-board or connected mobile device content or a more complex media server that encodes and streams data across a network, the QNX® Multimedia Suite provides all the underlying capabilities you need to create rich media experiences.
Developed using a modular and scalable architecture, our multimedia technology supports the latest audio and video industry standards and can be easily upgraded to support new standards as they become available. The QNX Multimedia Suite is middleware delivered with the QNX® Software Development Platform. It can be implemented as an independent standalone system or fully integrated with other BlackBerry® QNX® products, including the QNX® Sensor Framework.
Field-Proven in Tens of Millions of Systems
Extensive Hardware Support
Key features of the QNX Multimedia Suite:
- A sophisticated rendering engine for media playback from file or streamed content
- A wide range of hardware-accelerated video and audio CODECs
- Support for OpenMAX AL API
- Recording and streaming of content for dispatch to a receiving endpoint
- Device connectivity for Apple®, Android™ and Windows® protocols
- Media content and metadata synchronization to database with playlist management support
The QNX Neutrino Real-Time Operating System
QNX Acoustics Management Platform
Board Support Packages (BSPs)