Field-Proven in Tens of Millions of Systems
Work with multimedia technology that has been deployed by hundreds of customers worldwide and across different industry verticals, including automotive, medical, and industrial automation. Proven in tens of millions of automotive infotainment head units, the technology enables media-rich, high-quality playback, encoding and streaming of audio and video content.
Extensive Hardware Support
The QNX Multimedia Suite supports leading vendor silicon and takes full advantage of video hardware acceleration. Thanks to our extensive hardware support (see QNX Board Support Packages), comprehensive CODEC and file format support and customizations available through BlackBerry® QNX® Professional Services, you can easily integrate media functionality into your systems.
Key features of the QNX Multimedia Suite:
- A sophisticated rendering engine for media playback from file or streamed content
- A wide range of hardware-accelerated video and audio CODECs
- Support for OpenMAX AL API
- Recording and streaming of content for dispatch to a receiving endpoint
- Device connectivity for Apple®, Android™ and Windows® protocols
- Media content and metadata synchronization to database with playlist management support
The QNX Neutrino Real-Time Operating System
A deterministic yet flexible foundation for your next-generation products. Its unique microkernel architecture provides dependability, scalability and layered security.
An embedded virtualization solution with a microkernel architecture, so multiple OSs (Android, Linux®, QNX®) can safely operate on the same system on a chip.
QNX Acoustics Management Platform
Design and manage the total vehicle sonic experience with a pure software solution designed to run on general-purpose application processor cores for cost-effective, high-fidelity sound.