Part 2: The Importance of Strong Cybersecurity Principles in Medical and How to Achieve Them
Watch the Webinar
Every healthcare equipment manufacturer lives in mortal fear of a ransomware attack affecting patients and reputations. Medical devices are increasingly dependent on software—and increasingly vulnerable to cyberattacks. As device manufacturers, you need to stop threats in their tracks. In this second installment of our webinar series for medical device developers, we explain how to build medical devices that are safe from external cyberthreats. We provide several ways to understand and implement cybersecurity best practices with strategies and techniques applicable across the development cycle. By watching this webinar, you’ll gain insights from world-renowned cybersecurity experts and learn about software tools to use to build your next medical device.
Watch this webinar to learn about:
- The unique threats facing different types of devices like robotics, implanted medical devices and larger-scale devices.
- How to overcome the cybersecurity challenges inherent in complex medical devices, including supply chain, regulatory compliance and ransomware threats.
- Why a defense-in-depth or layered approach to design can provide the security assurances you need.
- Using a software composition analysis solution to scan binaries for composition, uncover coding standard violations and find vulnerabilities.
- Testing (including penetration testing), security audits and introducing regular audits into your development lifecycle.
This webinar is part two of a three-part series. Watch Part 1: Shortening Medical Software Development while Maintaining Safety and Security.